Thursday, October 23, 2008

Music to my Ears!

October is always a busy month, and obviously I am behind with my updates, but I wanted to share a wonderful moment that I experienced last week.

One night last week Evan and I were playing Hide & Seek in our room. Actually, he was just hiding behind the curtains and would come out squealing when I would ask, "Where did Evan go?", and of course I would appear absolutly astonished and surprised at his magical appearance! After a while, Adam decided to come in to join us. I was so amazed because generally he does not join in when we are playing and avoids this type of chaos. However, this night he came right in and began hiding with Evan, and joined in the squealing when it was time to reveal themselves. We had a ball! Then, even more amazing, Adam went to the bedroom door and turned around and said, "Come on, Bubba". (It wasn't quite that clear, but I could tell from his gestures what he was saying). He wanted Evan to come with him! I got so excited I said, "Evan, Bubba wants you...go, go, go!!" Evan followed him and Adam shut the door behind them. After a few seconds, he opened the door and they both came running back in--Adam squealing and Evan yelling, "We're home!". I was thrilled!

You may wonder why this small game was so exciting to me. As a Mom of twin boys, I've had this vision of them being best buddies and playmates. Until that moment I have never really seen them playing together. It was also the first time that I have seen Adam initiate play of any kind. Those three little words...."Come on, Bubba"....were truly music to my ears. A glimmer of hope, and the best game of Hide & Seek I've ever played!

No comments: