Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Jeff Johnson!



Can you tell that Evan enjoyed his dessert?

We celebrated Jeff's 41st birthday on Monday with dinner at home (take-out from Carino's), and Hot Fudge Sundae's for dessert. Yumm!! Jeff and I both love the theatre, so for his birthday I got tickets to see Les Miserables at The Rep for next Friday night. (We'll be looking for babysitters.....hint, hint....!)

More exciting, we were also celebrating his "halfway through nursing school" day! Jeff is doing great in school, and I'm truly amazed at how he juggles family responsibilities with school and studying. If you ever see him at the park, driving carpool, picking up kids from soccer or Taekwondo, or even standing in line at the grocery store, he's likely to have a stack of index cards with him so that he can squeeze in some study time at every possible minute. He and Emma often study together at the dining room table, and most mornings he slips out of bed at 5 a.m. for an hour of quiet study time before our busy days begin. I could go on, but he wouldn't want me to. Although I must let you know that he is an incredible man of courage and faith, and he is my hero. Happy Birthday Jeff Johnson! I love you!
(Emma took this video, and her videography skills are a little lacking, but it should give you a good idea of a typical night at the Johnson dinner table. Notice Adam & Evans great table manner. We're still working on using utensils.)

No comments: